It’s that time of year again, almost the end of summer, where school is about to start up and suddenly everyone’s schedules have changed and everything seems to be moving a million miles a minute. Now’s the time to get back into the swing of things!
Here are several tips (both personal and business) on how to keep from falling out of line this fall:
- Put money aside in an emergency fund or savings account. This can come in handy for unexpected or unaccounted for expenses that could come up in the rush of things.
- Organize your papers and receipts. This will help you in the future when it’s closer to tax season as well.
- Try tracking your budget. Find out where all of your extra cash is going!
- Communicate with your employees. Are their schedules or needs changing at this time of year at all? The new season is also a good time to go over employee reviews, gain feedback, introduce any changes, talk about policies, etc.
- Continue networking. Attend networking events. Build relationships with neighboring businesses.
- Check your finances. See if you need all of the subscriptions that you’re a part of, and double check your taxes and deductions, etc.
Looking for help with your business bookkeeping? We’ve been working with small business owners to free up more time, get more bookkeeping clarity, and create more cash flow in their businesses. Ready to learn more? Book a call to get started!